More about me
I believe change is a holistic process that occurs in the partnership between body and mind, imagination and rationale.
My journey as a therapist began with alternative approaches, such as Reiki and energy healing, as well as training as a yoga therapist and regression therapist, amongst other things. This training and experience was transformative in its own way but something was missing for me: an understanding of how our formative experiences shape our day-to-day reality and interactions with others.
I therefore undertook a five year training in integrative psychotherapy and counselling at The Minster Centre in London. It was here that I worked through my own 'stuff', gained a greater awareness of the therapeutic process and began to formulate my own psycho-spiritual approach. I became interested in the use of embodied imagery and the imagination as a therapeutic tool and I went on to I conduct my MA research project into the therapeutic experience of shamanic journeying, as understood by clients.
As a psychotherapist I have worked in both private practice and in public sector healthcare including Transport for London, where I was a counsellor for several years at their in-house trauma service. I now only work privately.
My qualifications and training
- Masters in Integrative Psychotherapy (MA) The Minster Centre and Middlesex University
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Psychotherapy (Adv PG Dip) The Minster Centre
- Post Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Pg Dip) The Minster Centre
- Diploma in Regression Therapy (Dip RT) The Regression Academy
- Advanced Certificate in Hypnotherapy The Regression Academy
- Accredited Healer School of Intuition and Healing and British Alliance of Healing Associations (BAHA)
- Yoga Therapist for Mental Health The Minded Institute
- Shamanic Healing and Soul Retrieval Practitioner Development Training Medicine Woman, Medicine Ways
- Bodylistening - Deep Bodywork and Body Psychotherapy Training Brighton School of Embodied Therapy